Chapter Books For Young Readers

How to Train Your Dragon – is a series of ten books by the British author Cressida Cowell. The books take place in a fictional Viking world and focus on the adventures of Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. A feature film has also been created.

The Emerald Atlas – a book by John Stephens, The Emerald Atlas is the first stage of a journey that will take Kate, Michael, and Emma to strange, dangerous lands and deep within themselves. It is the story of three children who set out to save their family, and end up having to save the world. Book number two ‘The Fire Chronicle’ is the newest book in this trilogy.

Frindle – by Andrew Clements, is a story about a grade five student named Nicholas Allen who decides to create a new word for a pen by calling it a ‘frindle’. His English teacher Mrs. Granger, who loves the dictionary, doesn’t  like Nick and the other students at Lincoln elementary calling a pen a ‘frindle’. A funny story about the power of words.

6 thoughts on “Chapter Books For Young Readers

1. I have seen the movie “how to train your dragon”. I am in a book club and I just read charlotte’s web, and I liked it. I like the book frindle we are reading in our class.

2. I remember when our class read frindle. It was a good book. I hope we could read the other books soon they seem to be exciting.