Harvesting Our Potatoes

On Thursday we harvested our five tubs of potato plants. We had planted the potatoes just before Spring Break and initially they grew next to the window in our classroom. Eventually they were moved to our school garden, in the courtyard area, where we patiently watered them every day. When we turned the tubs over and emptied the soil onto our drop sheet we found nearly 200 Warba potatoes of various sizes. Each student took home a paper bag with approximately ten potatoes. Hopefully, the students will eat these delicious vegetables.

P1030115

11 thoughts on “Harvesting Our Potatoes

1. Hi,

I’m glad you were able to eat the potatoes. Thanks for letting me know, that means a lot to me as a teacher.

Mr. Preshaw

2. Hi Mira,

They are a little tricky to grow. They need a certain depth or amount of soil, like our tubs, to grow well. I’m glad you had fun growing them, Mira.

Mr. Preshaw

3. Hi Evan,

Were you able to eat your potatoes? If so, were they delicious? I’m glad you had fun growing the potaoes.

Mr. Preshaw

4. I liked harvesting the potatoes .
    It was relly fun.
    the potatoes wer relly delishous.
    My brother said they wer better
    then the ones we ushily have.
    my brother Zade my mom my
    Dad Jia and I liked the
    potatoes.
    they wer the best potatoes
    I ever hade.

5. Hi Mr Preshaw, it’s Matthew DAgnolo.
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post about you class potatos, it reminded me of when we grew potatos last year. Our familly has a garden this year this year we are growing beets, carrots( purple and orange ) , lettuce, kale pees and radishes.

P.S. Have a great summer.