Jia’s Book Report – City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau

Book Reports 016

Story Summary

This book is about people living underground. They gave a box to responsible mayor. The box will give all the information on how to get out of the underground city. Each mayor passed the information to the next mayor. One day the 7th mayor got very ill and he thought the box would have a cure so he smashed the box open but before he could tell the next mayor the information he died leaving the box at the end of a closet. Eventually 3 kids find out how to get out of the city they see the city then they tell the people of Ember how to get out of the city.

Why did you like this book?

I liked the book because I thought it was very interesting and I  really enjoyed reading it. My favourite part was when Lina, Doon, and in a way, Poppy were trying to figure out how to get out of the city of Ember.

Who would you recommend this book to?

I would recommend this book to someone who likes books about mysteries and clues.

2 thoughts on “Jia’s Book Report – City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau

1. Hi Jia,

An excellent book report about the ‘City of Ember’. You wrote a really good summary about the story. I really enjoyed reading this book to the class last year. Have you read the fourth book in the series ‘The Diamaond of Darkhold’? This is another exciting adventure for Doon and Lina.