Things To Consider For A Safe Hallowe’en

halloween1

The local police shared some Hallowe’en safety tips with the students in our school district.

• See and be seen. Make sure drivers can see you. Wear reflective clothing or place reflective tape on the front and back of costumes and clothing. Make glow sticks part of your costume and carry a flashlight.
  • Are fake swords part of your costume? Make sure they look fake, but remember, some people still may not be able to tell the difference.
  • Safety in numbers. Walk in groups and stay together.
  • Stay on the outside. Never enter a house and only accept treats at the front door.
  • Use crosswalks whenever possible. Visit houses on one side of the street at a time and cross the street only at intersections or at marked crosswalks.
  • Save your treats. Wait until you get home before sampling your treats. Though tampering is rare, a responsible adult should check out all treats and throw away any spoiled, unwrapped or suspicious items.

10 thoughts on “Things To Consider For A Safe Hallowe’en

1. Thank-you for sharing the Halloween rules with us . You are right ; we are supposed to wait until we get home.

2. I will definitely follow the safety rules cause they are really important and I will keep my sister safe as well when we are out trick or treating.

3. I like this because it’s about safety and it’s a really good story. I like the part about wearing something reflective.