Coming Soon Smellavision TV’s

The students in our class show a genuine interest in learning about new forms of technology, so I thought I would share some information about a new kind of tv that will soon be available.  The new tv will be similiar to existing tv’s that have images and audio, but it will also provide smells. In the new tv’s there is a place where odors will be released. For example, if you’re watching a cooking show you might smell frying bacon or onions. Just imagine, your favourite tv show might have a scene at the beach and you’ll get a wonderful ocean smell in your living room. Of course, advertising will also have smells so if you’re watching a commercial about fabric softener you will experience that fresh smell of clothes just out of the dryer. These new tv’s will work with your existing cable connection and many of the manufacturers will be releasing them this Fall, just in time for Christmas. Do you think your family will be interested in purchasing one of these new tv’s with smellavision technology?

6 thoughts on “Coming Soon Smellavision TV’s

1. That is a cool April fools day trick I should have done it on my sister.I wonder if in the future they will invent smelling television?

2. Hi Amy,

I’m glad you read the blog post and figured out that it was an April Fool’s Day prank. Good for you.

3. oh now I know the joke. that was very funny and for a moment I actually thought that it was really real.